More than a newspaper!
The News-Sun is Highlands County’s hometown newspaper and hometown printer.
The News-Sun has an experienced staff that can take care of your printing needs from beginning to end. The graphics design department will help you design your business cards, business forms, newsletters, brochures or etc. for you. Our years of experience provide top quality printing to assure you a professional looking job to add credibility to your needs. We also offer mailing services to insure your material gets to your customers on time. Whether it is a black and white business card or a four color process brochure, the News-Sun can provide you the top-quality printing your company deserves at very competitive prices.
Stop in our office, talk to our friendly, courteous staff and place your printing order today.
• Quick Turnaround
• Reliable Service
• Full service pre-press & commercial printing department on site.
• Several newsprint web widths, weights and sizes available
• Layout and Design
• Offset printing presses
• Typesetting, photo and logo scanning
• ¼ Folding
• Delivery of your job
• Bindery & Finishing
• We print process color, spot color and black and white.
• Glossy Printing
• Single Sheet Printing
• School Newspapers
• Advertising Inserts
• Posters (Heavy Paper or Glossy)
• Banners (Vinyl)
• Business Cards
• And much more!
We provide a quick turn around at affordable rates. The News-Sun offers the best quality available for printing from your digital files. We also will work with you, stop in and sit down with one of our experienced graphic artist today.
Commercial Printing and Direct Mail
The News-Sun offers a full line of commercial printing and direct mail services, including consulting, professional copywriting and graphic design, printing, and direct mail. You can utilize any of the distribution programs described above, or we can mail to your customer list or other targeted demographics or geographies. And we'll simplify your program by handling it every step of the way.
Clarissa Williams • 863-385-6155 Ext. 515 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Albert “Skip” Looney • 863-385-6155 Ext. 536 email@example.com
Or feel free to complete the form below
Dailies, weeklies, monthlies, one-time publications.
Experienced and ready to assist you with your commercial needs
Many weights and widths to choose from
B/W, spot and CMYK 4 color available
Delivery to customer available distribution not available
Postal labeling and delivery to post office available
Inserting into customer product available
All jobs to be quoted within one week for consideration
Advance Runs and Special Section Deadlines
All pages must be at The News-Sun Five Days prior to publication date and must meet agreed upon deadlines.
Due to increasing labor, overtime costs and scheduling, all deadlines must be strictly observed. Should any pages or color deadlines not be met, a charge of $100.00 per hour will be accessed. The News-Sun is our primary product. We have set aside ample time to print your products. In the event your product is late The News-Sun will print first.
Inserting is available with a Five Day notice prior to publication.
Available on request.
Available on request.
General Imaging Specifications
• If you are being supplied digital files, please preflight them to identity problems before they come to the News-Sun.
• If using Illustrator, Freehand or CorelDraw, convert all fonts to outlines before exporting to EPS.
• Numbered hard copy or a page list needs to be submitted with every job.
• All disks should be labeled with job name, date, and company name.
• All digital files should be labeled with job name and page numbers.
• Please do not pre-impose your job or build it in printer’s spreads.
• PDF files should have all fonts and graphics embedded.
• Native files should have all fonts and graphics included.
• Please do not use the style menu to change the attributes of fonts. You must use the actual typeface in bold, bold italic, italic, etc. to work properly.
• Please use a separate digital file for eery graphic used in your page layout document. Never copy and paste between applications.
• Graphics should be supplied in either TIFF or EPS file formats only. Please remove alpha channels before plain your graphic in a page layout program.
• When saving TIFF files, do not use LZW compression.
• Donot use JPEG or EPS files with JPEG preview. Do not select interpolation, transfer functions or halftone screening options for EPS files.
• All photos should be scanned at 180 dpi and line art at 270 dpi. Any photo with a resolution of 72 dpi must be 3-4 times larger than the final size. (For example, if the final picture is to be placed in a 2” wide box, then the original file at 72 dpi must be 6-8”wide).
• A 4 color pictures and graphics must be in CMYK.
• Do not use or include ICC profiles or postscript color management in your PDF files or graphic images.
• Do not create color gradients in QuarkXxpress, please use Photoshop or Illustrator.