published: Monday, February 25, 2013
Commission to address Swamp Hammock
SEBRING - The issue first came to light back in 2011 when neighbors got wind of the project via Facebook posts. The idea was to convert a defunct equestrian housing community into a facility that would permit everything from mud bogging with trucks, to the riding of three- or four-wheeled all-terrain vehicles.
PROPERTY RIGHTS FIRST (by: GINGERLEEDREAD - 3/3/2013)
Each Property Owner has rights. The right to do with their own property what they will. Neither Property Owner should be putting the choice into the local governments hands to decide, Thats not democratic, thats socialist and not the American way and the more you give government the right to control whats yours over yourself you lose your rights. If they dont like what the other is doing they have options. The option to build a wall to block out what they dont like, or to buy out the property beside them if they dont like whats going on next to them. Of course there is also the option to accept the other property owners to equal rights to your own. I would like to see the County Commissioners keep their noses out of our rights and let the property owners decide what they want to do with what they own. The Lawyer in all of this is REALLY who the commission should be addressing in his complete failure of position espcially for the amount of tax payers monies he is being paid to do his job and has coompletly screwed up on this one. If the County Commission is going to let actions like this go on I think I want to be hired as the County Lawyer and sit there and collect a big paycheck for no viable work on the part of the tax payer and citizens I would of at least gave some kind of response to what I was being asked. What a TOTAL IZZUM SKIZZUM!!!
SWAMP (by: Snooks - 2/27/2013)
Sorry but if it couldn't go as equestrian place what makes u think it will go as mud bogging? If it gets approved, they had best have EVERYTHING done & not just the mud bog.. all they are after is to do that.. where is the money coming from to finance this anyways? heliport? what about FAA regs on that? you just can't have a concrete pad.. safety equipt, fuel, etc.. good ole boys at work again & tax break? give me a break...
swamp hammock (by: brandon - 2/27/2013)
i think they should go ahead and do it because look at all the help they will be doing for us bringing the bands in for us thats some money for us right there so they need to do it
no tax increase (by: Taxed to Death and Mad - 2/26/2013)
Did you know our zoning and county admin, June Fisher, think that this full blown commercial venture should not have to pay commercial tax rates? See it here....."FISCAL IMPACT: The zoning change will not change the Ad Valorem tax base of this property if approved."
Could you just imagine? (by: Blindman - 2/25/2013)
Could anyone imagine if the equestrian development had been a success with say 65% of the properties sold and the Braha family still owning the remaining 35% of the parcels for sale and then lets say the Skipper Family decided to turn some of their land into a Swamp Hammock Mud Bog right next door to this development. What would those residents have to say about it... but better yet WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BRAHA FAMILY WOULD HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT? I guarantee they would be vehemently opposed to it. And now you see how people can be and you get the rest of the story.
Small Banner Ads